Monday, November 14, 2016

Wedding First Looks!

More wedding photos today!  I left off last post with our getting ready photos and some bridal portraits (and groom portraits), so check that out here if you haven't already: Getting Ready Wedding Photos.

Matt and I decided to go the non-traditional route, and have a First Look prior to walking down the aisle. I am SO happy that we decided to do this for a few reasons--first of all, we got to take pictures at the Jefferson Memorial downtown which was the perfect D.C. backdrop. Secondly, we were able to get group photos, family photos, and bride/groom shots--aka basically everything, completely finished before our ceremony even began. This allowed everyone to really enjoy our cocktail hour--especially Matt and me! Therefore, we were able to mingle with our guests for an additional hour on an otherwise very busy day! Thirdly, I was kind of stressed about photos, and I'm glad we had a few hours prior to the ceremony to take them while my hair & makeup were still relatively fresh, and before I had to worry about missing out on parts of our reception! Also, seeing Matt for the first time with just him and me (and our photographers) was one of the most special parts of our whole day; it truly was so memorable to just grab that moment, and it took away so much of my anxiety!  Finally, our photographers let us know in advance that couples that decide to do a First Look, get 50% more photos...so that sealed the deal! I would highly recommend a First Look!

My bridesmaids, my mom, my MIL, and me finished getting our hair & makeup done by about 1:30pm, so I was zipped into my dress by 1:45pm, and my veil was fastened....then I headed with my photographers and bridal party down to the BEAUTIFUL lobby of the Willard Continental hotel, where I met my Dad for our first look (prior to meeting Matt)...these photographs will forever be some of my most cherished memories:


Me and My Daddio:

His face is priceless!:




Looking dapper in his tuxedo by Hugo Boss:




After seeing my Dad for the first time in my wedding own, I finally was able to meet my groom!!! Our bridal party stayed in the air conditioned lobby, while I went with our photographers to meet up with Matt just outside the lobby...his back was turned to me at first....


Just before he turned around...

 
 

 
First Look from my POV:
 
 



Showing off my dress lol

This is one of my favorite wedding photos:






 

 



Plenty more to come (if you're still interested haha...sorry TONS of photos!)

Photography by: Birds of a Feather Photography
Wedding Planner: Simply Breathe Events (Tiffany Rivera)
Dress by: Amsale
Tux: Hugo Boss
 Locations: Willard Intercontinental / Jefferson Memorial / Clarendon Ballroom
Caterer: Clarendon Ballroom
DJ: Brennan Sullivan from Bialek's Music (HE WAS AMAZING!)
Lighting: Bialek's Music
Flowers: Emily Harmon from Love Blooms
I know I'm missing a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and opinions, and also finding new favorite blogs to add to my blog roll through your comments!